This type of shot requires
· Torso and Back Flexibility
· Shoulder Mobility
· Upper Back Strength
· Strong Inner Thigh
· Strong Glutes
Recommended Exercises (3 sets, 15-20 reps per exercise)
1· Torso and Back Stretch (Improve upper body movement)
1. Widen your stance and lower your upper body to the ground with your arms completely relaxed.
2. Slowly walk both hands over to one foot and rotate your torso round to the side.
3. Pause and then walk the hands over to the other foot and rotate the body in the other direction.
2· Extended Arm Rotations (Improves shoulder mobility)
1. Stand with feet hip width apart with a slight bend in the knees
2. Fully extend both arms keeping your shoulders back and down
3. Rotate your shoulders backwards and forwards in a semi-circle motion
3· Banded Rows (Strengthens the upper back)
1. Bring one foot forward into a split stance and place the band under your front foot
2. Lower your torso forward keeping the core engaged
3. Holding the band in each hand, retract your shoulders and puff the chest forward
4. Flex your elbows upwards keeping them close to your torso
5. At the top of the movement you should be squeezing your scapulars together and contracting the upper back muscles
6. Slowly lower the arms down whilst keeping the shoulders back and chest forward!
4· Sumo Squat Walks (Strengthens the Inner Thighs)
1. Start in a wide stance and slowly squat down pushing your hips back
2. Keep your core engaged and chest up.
3. Squatting low throughout the whole movement, walk sideways a couple of steps and then back the other way.
5· Banded Glute Bridge (Strengthens the glutes)
1. Lie on your back and plant both feet hip width apart with the band placed around both knees.
2. Keep your knees in line with your ankles throughout the whole exercise.
3. Engage your core and slowly raise your hips up being careful to avoid over-extending through the lower back.
4. Squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement and slowly lower your hips back down to the ground.