This type of shot requires
· Shoulder Mobility
· Strong Inner Thighs
· Strong Obliques
Recommended Exercises (3 sets, 15-20 reps per exercise)
1· Balancing squats (Improves Balance)
1. Grab a balancing aid (Bosu, wobble board or stand on 1 leg)
2. Hop on to your balancing aid in either a half squat position or on 1 leg (depending on what balancing aid you have available)
3. Open up your toes, squeeze your glutes and ensure your knees are not wobbling all over the place!
4. Engage your core and slowly squat up and down trying to keep the balancing aid as still as possible.
2· Banded Shoulder Floss (Improves shoulder mobility)
1. Attach a resistance band to a stable base and put the other end around your shoulder joint. Move away from the base until you have a good amount of resistance.
2. Keeping your arm as close to your ears as possible, floss the arm up and down
3. Every time you lower the arm, relax and allow the band to pull your shoulder back out of the joint a little.
3· Ball squeezes (Strengthens the Inner Thighs)
1. Start in standing position and put a Pilates ball between your legs
2. Lower your hips back and down into half squat position
3. Squeeze the ball with your inner thighs in a pulsing motion (15-20 reps)
4· Oblique Twists (Strengthens the obliques)
1. Attach one end of a band to a stable base and hold the other with both hands
2. Stand adjacent to the base and soften the knees
3. Keep your shoulders back and down and slowly rotate away from the base
4. Keep a slight bend in the elbows
5. Exhale as you rotate away from the base, inhale as you return to the start position