This type of shot requires
· Stable shoulder joint
· Strong shoulder muscles
· Strong upper back muscles
· Good core strength
· Stable hip joint
· Strong glutes
Recommended Exercises (3 sets, 15-20 reps per exercise)
1. Plank with shoulder tap (Stabilise shoulder joints)
1. Start in plank position with shoulders in line with your wrists
2. Keeping your hips square and core tight, lift one hand to touch the opposite shoulder, slowing lower it to the ground before lifting the other hand to touch the opposite shoulder.
2. Press ups (Strengthen shoulder muscles)
1. Start on your knees or toes and retract your shoulders back
2. Engage your core and keep your elbows tucked in
3. Puff your chest forward and slowly lower your chest to the ground, allowing the rest of your body to follow.
4. Extend the arms back up again
3. Back Extension (Strengthens upper back muscles)
1. Lie on your front and engage your core muscles
2. Bring arms up to a 90 degree bend and gently lift them off the ground bringing your scapulars together.
3. Pause and then gently lower the arms back to the ground again
4. Side Plank (Core Strength)
1. Start with your shoulder directly over your elbow and lift your hips off the ground. You can keep the bottom knee on the ground if you have shoulder issues.
2. Lift the hips up high and engage your core muscles.
3. Hold for 20-45 seconds
5. Glute Bridge (Improves hip stability)
1. Lie on your back with feet planted hip width apart
2. Engage your core muscles and slowly raise your hips up one vertebra at a time.
3. Squeeze your glutes at the top
4. NB, keep your hips level throughout the whole movement
6· Clam (Strengthens glutes)
1. Lie on your side with knees bent forward and feet together
2. Relax your head down and engage your core
3. Keeping the bottom knee on the ground, lift your top leg to squeeze your glute muscles.
4. Make sure your hips don’t roll backwards as you lift the knee up