This type of shot requires
· Shoulder & Back Stability
· Supple Torso
· Strong Obliques
Recommended Exercises (3 sets, 15-20 reps per exercise)
1· Single Leg Balance Foot Taps (Improves Balance)
1. Stand on one leg and keep the planted leg slightly bent.
2. Elongate your torso and slowly reach down to touch the outside of your foot
3. Rotate your torso and lift one arm up to the sky
2· Back Extension with Extended Arms (Improves Shoulder & Back Mobility)
1. Lie on your front and pelvic tilt to engage your core
2. Fully extend your arms and legs out
3. Slowly elevate your chest 2 inches off the ground and bring your elbows slightly higher up.
4. In a circular motion, move your fully extended arms from around your upper body.
3· Banded Back & Oblique Stretch (Supple Torso)
1. Attach a strong resistance band to a stable base and hold on to the other end
2. Bend your knees and lean your hips and weight back towards the ground
3. Keep your arms fully extended and relax into the stretch
4. After 40 seconds rotate your body left and right (to the point where you are looking under your armpits).
4· Side Plank Rotations (Strengthens the obliques)
1. Start on your side and raise yourself up onto the bottom elbow
2. Keeping your body in a straight line lift your hips off the ground
3. Engage your core and avoid collapsing onto your bottom shoulder
4. Fully extend your top arm and as you rotate your torso down towards the ground, take the arm underneath your other armpit.
5. Rotate back up to the starting position.