This type of shot requires
· Supple Torso
· Strong Inner Thighs
Recommended Exercises (3 sets, 15-20 reps per exercise)
1· Squat with Lateral Leg Raise (Improves Balance)
1. Start by lowering yourself down into a squat
2. As you push back up to standing lift one fully extended leg out to the side
3. Lean your torso over the planted leg as lift the other leg up
4. Hold this position focusing on your balance
5. Lower the leg back down into another squat and repeat on the other leg
2· Foot Mallet Side Shuffles (Accuracy)
1. Grab a foot mallet, as many balls as you can and 4 cones.
2. Place 2 cones 2m apart from each other (set A)
3. Place the other 2 cones (set B) 3m infront of (set A) at ½m apart
4. Place a few balls at each cone (set A) and start by side stepping fast between the cones holding your foot mallet
5. Once you arrive at a cone hit the balls and try to score between the set B cones.
6. The idea is to keep the exercise moving and shuffle quickly between the set A cones scoring as many points as you can.
3· Thoracic Twists (Supple Torso)
1. Start with feet hip width apart and soft knees
2. Bring your arms up to a 90-degree angle
3. Twist your arms and torso from one side to the other
4. Gradually open the arms up to full extension and increase the amount of rotation.
4· Slider Lateral Lunges (Inner Thigh Strength)
1. Grab a slider or folded towel and find a slippery surface
2. Start with feet close together and one foot planted on the slider/towel
3. Gently slide this foot away from you (keeping the leg fully extended) and drop down into a lateral lunge
4. Stay strong and stable through the planted leg (you should feel your glutes working to hold you in this position).
5. Gently slide the foot back towards the other leg finishing in standing position
6. You should feel your inner thighs activate as you pull your leg back to the start position.